The Upgrade Rewards Checking referral bonus is $50 and is one of the easiest free money offers to complete.
The sign up bonus is available to new Upgrade Reward Checking members who open an account with this promo link and complete 3 qualifying transactions within 90 days.
Read more to learn about additional offer details.
Upgrade Rewards Checking Referral Bonus
Unlike other bank bonus offers, the UpGrade Rewards Checking promotional offer does not require a direct deposit to earn the $50 referral bonus. This makes it feasible for almost anyone to nab the limited-time sign up bonus.
It’s important to note that these types of offers generally don’t last long. So it’s always good to make the most of the opportunity when it comes around.
For instance, not long ago I grabbed the DCU $100 referral bonus when it became available. It’s since changed from a $100 banking bonus to a $20 bonus.
$50 Referral Bonus Instructions
The Upgrade Rewards Checking sign up bonus is easy to get. Follow these simple instructions to qualify for the reward and get your free money.
- Use an Upgrade Rewards Checking promo link to apply (you can use my referral promo link here)
- Open a free Upgrade Rewards Checking account
- Complete three (3) debit card purchases within 90 days of opening account
- Get paid a $50 ‘Welcome Bonus’ to your checking account within a few days of qualifying
The Fine Print
Qualified registrants will earn a $50 Upgrade Rewards Checking referral bonus, also referred to as a ‘sign up bonus’ or ‘welcome bonus.’
To ensure you meet all the qualifications, make sure to read the fine print. I’ve listed them for you below.
Additional details about the offer:
- Offer period for new customers to open an account and qualify for a bonus ends on May 31th, 2023
- You must have not previously had a Rewards Checking account with Upgrade
- Promotion is not open to existing UpGrade Rewards Checking account members
- Must use a promotional link to open an account
- Non-eligible debit card purchases include: money transfers (including peer-to-peer transfers), ATM transactions, the purchase of checks, gift cards, foreign currency, financial products, money orders or debt repayments, etc.
As long as you open an account before May 31th, 2023 then you should be eligible to earn the $50 referral bonus.
In regards to the eligible debit card purchases, I would recommend to use your new Upgrade card for any of your regular everyday shopping. In my case, I used my card for my morning Starbucks coffee purchase, as well as at Target and Stop and Shop. That was enough to trigger the UpGrade Rewards checking referral bonus.
Give $50, Get $50 Referral Bonus
One of the best parts about the Upgrade referral bonus is you can refer your friends and family to Upgrade and earn $50 per each qualified referral. The person you referred will also earn a $50 Upgrade ‘Welcome Bonus’ once they meet the required criteria.
It’s free money all around and a great win-win situation!
To get started, simply share your unique referral link to earn additional Upgrade referral bonus money. Your link can be found under the refer a friend tab in your Upgrade banking app.
You can earn a maximum of ten (10) referral bonuses per year. That’s $500 in free money for simply sharing the free money news with your inner circle!
As long as your account is open and in good standing, you’ll be able to refer others and earn a bonus bounty.
Quick Note: The UpGrade Rewards Checking refer-a-friend bonus award changes from time to time. As you can see in the image above, there was a time when Upgrade was offering a $100 Upgrade Rewards Checking referral bonus.
I was fortunate enough to refer a few friends during that promotional period.
That promotion has since expired. So again, just make sure you jump on the current promotion before it also expires or lessens in value.
Upgrade is a fintech company that offers financial services such as personal loans and free checking and savings accounts. Members enjoy benefits such as no monthly fees, 2% cash back rewards on eligible purchases, and above average APY on their money.
Upgrade is not a bank. Although your money is FDIC insured up to $250,000 through their partnered bank, Cross River Bank.
Other Banking Referral Bonus Promotions
Bank bonuses are something I’m a huge fan of, and to that extent I regularly earn with bank bonus offers. To-date, I’ve earned a few thousand dollars in free money sign up rewards.
If you enjoy free money offers such as the Upgrade referral bonus, then you may also enjoy these other banking sign up offers.
- Varo – This fintech company offers many of the same features of other similar online banking apps. In addition to no monthly maintenance fees on your checking account, they also offer up to $250 in advance money with Varo Advance. Currently, you’ll earn a $30 sign up bonus when you spend $20 within 30 days of opening an account.
- SoFi – This fintech company is by far my favorite of them all. They offer early paycheck deposits, free checking and savings accounts, and high APYs on my savings with SoFi Plus. SoFi referral bonuses range from $15 – $300 in free welcome bonus offers.
- Chime – This fintech company is similar to SoFi, but also offers a credit builder feature for increasing your credit score. They’re currently offering a $100 cash sign up bonus once you set up a qualifying direct deposit of $200 or more.
- Netspend – is primarily known for its prepaid debit card, but very few people are aware of their 5% high yield savings account. The only way to unlock this is to sign up for a Netspend prepaid card. I have one solely for purposes of accessing the high yield account. They currently offer a $40 cash sign up bonus.
Upgrade Referral Bonus Conclusion
The Upgrade referral bonus offer is $50 and is open to new banking customers. Join with a promo link to qualify for the free money.
Once signed up, use your referral link to also refer your friends and family to Upgrade for additional bonus reward money!
Enjoyed this post? Come back to it later by Pinning the Image Below on Pinterest!