**UPDATE September 2022: One Finance no longer offers a referral bonus nor sign up bonus offer to new members. Fortunately, there are other bank bonuses still available, such as the $100 referral bonus from Upgrade and upwards of $275 referral bonus from Sofi.
There are currently two ONE Finance referral bonus offers worth checking out. I’ll share details of the promotions below along with the requirements necessary to qualify for either sign up bonus.
If you’re ready to make a decision now, then here’s the quick rundown:
- One Finance $50 Referral Bonus – Sign up with this referral link here and complete a qualifying direct deposit of $250 or more to get a $50 bonus.
- One Finance $75 Referral Bonus – Sign up through the Swagbucks referral link and complete a qualifying direct deposit of $100 or more to earn 7,500 SB points.
- Who is ONE Finance?
- One Finance $50 Referral Bonus Guide
- One Finance $75 Swagbucks Promotion
- One Finance Referral Bonus Hack
- Ibotta One Finance Referral Bonus Set Up
- Refer Friends and Earn Up to $500 More
- Other Finance Apps with Referral Bonuses
- Referral Bonus Final Thoughts
Who is ONE Finance?
One Finance is a fintech company offering secure online checking and savings accounts. Your ONE account is FDIC insured up to $250,000 through ONE’s partnered bank, the Coastal Community bank.
Benefits to having a ONE account include: No monthly fees or minimums, early paycheck access, overdraft protection, and an up to 3% APY high yield savings account.
One Finance $50 Referral Bonus Guide
The ONE Finance $50 referral bonus promotion is relatively straightforward. In order to qualify for a free $50 sign up bonus from ONE, follow the below steps.
- Open a ONE account using a referral link (you can use my referral link here)
- Complete a qualifying direct deposit of $250 or more, in a single transaction
Once you've satisfied the above conditions, your $50 bonus will be posted to your ONE Spend account soon after.
According to ONE Finance, qualifying direct deposits include:
- Regular paychecks from a private company or another employer type
- Social security income
- Government salary
- Other government payments such as annuities
- Retirement payments
- Unemployment payments
Bank bonus direct deposits can be tricky. In general, banks want to make sure you’re regularly depositing money into your account, which ensures the bank has a consistent level of healthy cash flow.
For this reason, they’ll ask for recurring payroll direct deposits to qualify for sign up bonus offers. But in my experience, I’ve found that other ACH transfers work to trigger the bonus offer.
Further in this guide, I’ll explain how I was able to do an ACH transfer from a grocery savings app to earn the ONE finance referral bonus.
One Finance $75 Swagbucks Promotion
The popular online rewards website, Swagbucks, is currently offering 7,500 SB points when you open a ONE Finance account through the Swagbucks referral link.
Here are the details to the Swagbucks ONE Finance Referral Bonus:
- Create a SwagBucks account here for an additional $10 reward
- Go to the ‘Discover tab' and search for ONE Finance
- Open a ONE account with the Swagbucks referral link
- Complete a qualifying direct deposit of $100 or more
Once you’ve satisfied the above conditions, allow up to 32 days for your Swagbucks points to appear in your account. These points can then be converted into PayPal cash or into gift cards worth $75 in value. This promotion is only open to new ONE Finance customers.
One Finance Referral Bonus Hack
It may surprise you to know that what qualifies as a bank direct deposit is not always the same from bank to bank. Nor is it openly shared with you that certain non-traditional ACH transfers work to trigger a bank bonus.
I inadvertently discovered that a money transfer from my Ibotta grocery savings app counts as a qualified direct deposit to earn the ONE Finance referral bonus. It was a nice surprise and one that helped me earn other online checking account bonuses, including the Chime $100 bonus.
Ibotta One Finance Referral Bonus Set Up
Below, I’ve outlined the simple steps to using the Ibotta app as an alternative direct deposit method for the ONE Finance referral bonus. You can try this hack for either referral bonus method mentioned in this guide.
Sign Up for a Free Ibotta Account
- Download the free Ibotta mobile app or browser extension
- Enter Promo Code KSHAGVC to receive upwards of $20 in free cash
- Find and add offers to your shopping list from over 1,000 retailers
- Do your regular grocery shopping as usual
- Scan your receipts
- Earn Ibotta cash back rewards on all eligible offers
Depending on the referral bonus method you plan to go for, you’ll need to do an either $100 or $250 ACH money transfer from Ibotta to your ONE Finance Spend (checking) account. It may take a little while to earn either amount of cash back rewards in Ibotta. If you want to reach the threshold faster, then read my 8 ways to earn cash back with Ibotta.
Ibotta Withdraw to One Finance Spend Account
Below is the procedure for how to link your ONE Finance Spend account to Ibotta to withdraw your cash back earnings.
- Go to the Ibotta app on your mobile device
- Tap on the Account tab
- Select the “Withdraw earnings” option
- Select the Add new bank account link
- Search for ONE Finance using the search bar
- Connect your ONE Finance account using Plaid as instructed
Once you’ve connected your spend account, you can go back and select it to cash out your Ibotta earnings. Remember to withdraw the minimum necessary to earn the referral sign up bonus.
I opted to go for the ONE Finance $75 Swagbucks Sign Up Bonus promotion. In this case, I was only required to do a $100 minimum direct deposit in order to qualify for the bonus.
To be on the safe side, I transferred $120 from my iBotta grocery savings app to my ONE Finance account. This one transaction earned me 7,500 SB points, which I then converted into PayPal Cash.
All-in-all, everything went smoothly and I didn’t mind one bit waiting 32 days to receive my $75.00 bonus reward.
Suggested Read: Learn how to use your ONE Finance account to 5x your Fetch Rewards points and earn free gift cards faster!
Refer Friends and Earn Up to $500 More
One of my favorite ways to earn extra money with little to no effort is by referring friends and family to apps I use and love. ONE Finance is no different. As a ONE Finance customer, you’ll be able to earn an additional $50 referral bonus reward for each person you refer to ONE with your unique referral link.
You can refer as many people as you’d like, though you’ll only receive a bonus for up to 10 referrals who complete sign up and add a qualifying direct deposit of $250 or more. That’s an additional $500 in referral bonus you can add to your account this year!
The other great news is that your friend will also receive a $50 sign up bonus reward. So it’s truly a win-win situation!
Other Finance Apps with Referral Bonuses
ONE Finance is only one online checking account that offers you a sign up bonus reward. There are many more finance apps that offer you free money to try out their product or service. Below are a few more that may interest you as well.
- SoFi – SoFi Money is a free online banking option most beneficial to people who do simple banking, and who don’t need to go into a physical bank location. As a SoFi member, you can earn a $15, $50, or even $300 sign up bonus based on the financial product you’re most interested in
- Nearside – formerly known as Hatch, is a free online business checking account for small businesses including: the self-employed, freelancers, gig economy workers, contractors and anyone else working hard on their side hustle. They are currently offering a $90 cash sign up bonus to new account holders.
- Acorns – This is an app that will automatically invest your spare change into a portfolio of ETF’s. The Acorns checking account will do all the heavy lifting for you and your family for a small monthly fee. Currently, they are offering a $5 sign up bonus when you deposit and invest your first $5.
- Varo – This Fintech company offers many of the same features of other similar online banking apps. In addition to no monthly maintenance fees on your checking account, they also offer up to $100 in advance money, when needed. Currently, you’ll earn a $30 sign up bonus when you spend $20 within 30 days of opening an account.
- Netspend – is primarily known for its prepaid debit card, but very few people are aware of their 5% high yield savings account. The only way to unlock this is to sign up for a Netspend prepaid card. I have one solely for purposes of accessing the high yield account. They currently offer a $20 cash sign up bonus.
- WeBull – WeBull is an investment app with a comprehensive suite of products including stocks, fractional shares, options, ETFs and ADRs. They offer zero commission trading and smart tools for smart investing. You’ll earn 3 free stocks valued up to $3,000 when you open an account and deposit any amount.
Referral Bonus Final Thoughts
Both ONE Finance referral bonus rewards mentioned in this guide are limited time promotions. Definitely don’t hesitate to nab the free money if you have an opportunity to do so today.
If the SwagBucks promotion is no longer available, then feel free to use my ONE referral link here to sign up and receive a $50 bonus reward with a qualifying direct deposit of $250 or more.
So what will you do with the free money?
Enjoyed this post? Come back to it later by Pinning the Image Below on Pinterest!